1. Prepare an Organization chart of New Century Health Clinic’s office staff. Use the Organizational Chart function in Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Visio to draw the chart.
2. Identify at least three business processes that New Century performs, and explain who is responsible for the specific tasks.
3. Explain how New Century might use a transaction processing system, a business support system, and a user productivity system. For each type of system, provide a specific example, and explain how the system would benefit the clinic.
4. During the systems development process, should New Century consider any of the following; EDI, vertical and horizontal systems packages, or the Internet? Explain your answers.
1. Dr. Jones arranges an introductory meeting between the associates of New Century and you to determine if mutual interest exists in pursing the project. What should the associates try to learn about you? What should you try to learn in this meeting?
2. What kind of questions would you ask to assess the initial feasibility of this project? Based on the information above, does the project seem feasible?
3. New Century management decided to contract for your services to perform a preliminary investigation. What would be your plan for action?
4. You begin the preliminary investigation. What information is needed? From whom would you obtain it? What techniques would you use in your fact finding?
1. Review the office organization chart you prepared in Chapter1 for New Century. Should there be any changes? Provide a new chart with changes you see necessary if any.
2. List the individuals you would like to interview during the analysis phase.
3. Prepare a list of objectives for each of the interviews you will conduct. The objectives will indicate why you think it is necessary to interview this person.
4. Prepare a list of specific questions for each individual you will interview. These may be both open-ended and closed-ended but should be designed to reveal the information you need.
5. Conduct the interviews. Record the interviewee’s responses to your questions in number 4. You may work with another student who is equally prepared for this chapter as you and record the results for both responses.
6. Prepare a written summary of the information gained from each of the interviews.
7. You decided to send a questionnaire to a sample of New Century patients to find out if they are satisfied with current insurance and scheduling procedures.
a. Design a questionnaire that follows the suggestions in this chapter. Remember the questions should seek the right information and therefore must be targeted to the issue. Can you use open-ended questions in a questionnaire?
b. Describe what sample of patients should receive it and why you selected that group.
1. Prepare a context diagram for the New Century information system. Use Visio and place a hyperlink to your document here.
2. Prepare a diagram 0 DFD for New Century. Be sure to show subsystems for handling appointment processing, payment and insurance processing, report processing, and records maintenance. Use Visio and place a hyperlink to your document here.
3. Prepare a lower-level DFD for the appointment processing subsystem. Use Visio and place a hyperlink to your document here.
4. Prepare a list of data stores and data flows needed for the system. Under each data store list the data elements (attributes) required. Use a table format for your response.
5. Using a table format, prepare a data dictionary entry and process description for one of system’s functional primitives. Note: you must know what a functional primitive is before you can proceed with this problem.